Monday 2 October 2017

Changes - Update Post

G'day there everyone!

I know these posts aren't generally what you come here for, especially considering we're now deep into AAA Title releases, but I felt as if this is a necessary addition to highlight some changes to this page and how I review games.

First and foremost: scoring. I have always scored games out of 10, with the occasional .5 thrown in, but was abandoned after I felt it cheapened the scoring of a game. But as I focus more and more on smaller additions in games and what makes them tick, I feel as if my scoring doesn't accurately portray those little pieces that make a game what it is.
So considering the response for review scores, in the upcoming year there may be a few changes to how games will be scored. I'll leave 2017 with the standard and add something new for 2018.

Looking around, I've also added another search bar near the Archive for quicker access to reviews, and have updated the Upcoming Reviews with titles you can expect to be covered within the next few weeks and months. There's also a Subscription button, as I have been informed by a few that they didn't know how/where to do this.

With all said and done, please stick around for upcoming reviews! Shadow Of War will be my first in the upcoming reviews, but I will also be doing a review/Unboxing of an Xbox One X next month!

This update post is already too long, so TLDR: Vote in the poll, new ways to see my old stuff/subscribe to this page, expect lots of reviews in the next few weeks.

Recording videos is also a priority, but I'm working on something special, so keep an eye out for that! I'm hoping to get it done (At least the first!) before the new year. It's almost 2018! My god, we're in the future.

Otherwise, as always, have fun and game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment