Wednesday 11 May 2011

Review: TD Vampire Smile

Hey there guys and girls!

Now this game was introduced to me by a close friend of mine, as I was unfamiliar with the game series. Since then, I have hardly stopped! Vampire Smile is the second game in the series and it certainly does not disappoint in any way.

What impressed me deeply is the fact of how the game was made and produced. One man made the entire game: The graphics, audio, soundtrack, development, all done by a single person, Mr James Silva. The game was entitled under Ska Studios and helped along by Microsoft. Due to the great popularity of the first release (The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai) which was made purely due to Mr Silva won a competition to create his own game, it suddenly took off into popularity as quote "One of the most best Indie games of the year"

Onto my review. The graphics were quite simple but fitted into the world and beyond. The blood gore and kills was extremely enticing and the game itself (when you play as Yuki) completely played with my brain like a toy and the flashbacks/dreams came at very unpredictable spots. The audio was deliciously evil, the squish and splatter of blood was very effective and just added to the brilliant soundtrack produced, the bonus being having control over the music at specific spots (When finding an Amp on a stage, you have the ability to play along with Yuki or The Dishwasher and doing so earns you money, experience, magic and unlocks more tracks to listen to as you kill your way through the Campaign)

The only bad spot I was able to find was the Multiplayer and Co-op. Both can be extremely buggy and often told me to get Xbox Live Gold Subscription when I already had it. Also, during Co-op Arcade with a friend, he and I were thrown out of the server due to an "unbalanced connection", which is impossible as we live barely 10 minutes away from each other.

Other than that small set back, Vampire Smile is just a purely good game and perfect for those who love gory games with excellent Metal genre music and a great storyline. I look forward to the next installment with eager eyes.

Out of 10, I gave The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile an 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment