Tuesday 23 November 2010

Review: Bioshock 2

Hey there folks!

Out of sheer lack of sleep, I thought I'd review one of the games that I have placed onto my list of reviews. The great sequel, Bioshock 2.

For those who do not know, Bioshock was an instant classic when it was released with a rich storyline and Bioshock 2 followed that beautifully. From the first few minutes I was already caught in the underwater world as the Prototype Big Daddy (Subject Delta) and his ventures through the city not to save his own life, not only to save his little sister, but to save the one woman who could set him free from the shackles of the suit. 
Instantly I was impressed with the level of graphics within in the game. Not only could you see what I had mistaken a human body for a lump of rubble but the effects on the player's AI, such as water running over the screen, blood splatters, walking through seaweed and so on.
I was also impressed  with two of the main characters, both Elenor Lamb (Perfectly voiced by Sarah Bolge) and her mother Sofia (Voiced by the lovely Fenella Woolgar) and how they both attached emotions to their voices while their characters were rarely seen until the end. I also give much kudos to Alex The Great AKA Gil Alexander (Voiced by John Hilner) for his perfect performance, totally selling the ideal of crazy.

While I absolutely love the Campaign, there are only a few points that I wish to address. Unfortunately, while I was looking forward to it, I was highly disappointed by the multiplayer. While the customisation was a good idea, the ways of getting them was set a little too high. By today's standards, a multiplayer uses 840 hxp connection to get a player as quickly as possible to the best game with an open slot and a player may customise this search by choosing such things as connectivity, speech dialect and so on. Unfortunately, there were no options such as these and the first game I played was horrible. I continued my search for a decent game and unfortunately could not find one. A person may argue that because I live in a rural area, this may effect my online status, but seeing as I live only an hour away from my state capital, I'd like to disagree.

While the next game in the series looks, sounds and feels fantastic, I am not excited to see the release of Bioshock Infinite. But for now, I feel a great satisfaction to play against a Big Sister and have never died once. Bioshock 2 lives up to its glory and any FPS lover would certainly enjoy this game.

Out of 10, I gave Bioshock 2 an 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment