Sunday 28 November 2010

Review: LIMBO

Hey folks

I have been waiting to play this arcade game for a long time and finally, after only 3 hours, I have completed the game of LIMBO: A boys quest to find his sister......
...In the words of Drawn Together: "I'm on a never-ending quest to save my girlfriend!"
Not that I making fun of Zelda or anything though.

As I played the demo, I immediately wanted the full version to complete a young man's hope to get through all sorts of challenges to get back home...and as made my way, I could obviously see why!
My first obstacle was a giant spider (available in demo) and which I was accustomed to. And progressing through, the same spider continued to hunt the boy down. I found myself screaming at the TV as I watched the giant spider moving its way towards my coming death.
Buzzing blades, rooms tipping over, water levels rising, bugs that latch to your head and control you. Each and every corner brings a new and interesting challenge to the player's way, crates, boxes and ladders soon becoming your best friend.
While there is no dialogue or music to review, there is a feature that is so beautiful, you would be idiotic not to become enticed and become one with the world that is LIMBO. Each movement, each action causes sound. The trudge of feet through water, the gloop of spider blood, cracking of eggs, gushing water, only to name a few.

The only one fault I found was some of the challenges that faced the player. Some of them were utterly brilliant and stumped me for quite some time, and after a while, I knew I wasn't going to get the "No Point In Dying" Achievement (awarding 10 Gamerscore points for completing the game with 5 deaths or less)

This, however, was my own fault  and I couldn't mark the game so harshly on my own foolishness not to open my eyes. LIMBO is a brilliant game and a good way to kill a few hours solving the puzzles that await you. So, behold, LIMBO and find your way home!

Out of 10, I gave LIMBO an 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment