Wednesday 24 November 2010

Review: Halo Combat Evolved

Hey guys

I have no idea how I felt inspired to review this, but suddenly today I just picked it up and started playing. So here, for a nearly 10 year old game, the review of Halo: Combat Evolved.

Firstly, one the things I was most impressed about this game, was the level of graphics. When I first played this game and my only experience with games being all the Sonic games, a weird Batman game and Amplified Beast, my mind was blown from was I was viewing.
The voice acting was sublime throughout the gameplay. Cortana (Played by the beautiful Jennifer Taylor) is particular beautiful within this game and the others in the series (which I will eventually review)

The multiplayer was great for its time and could be spent on for hours on end. The extra's in the disc (Including the Xbox Live video which I particularly enjoyed as a child) was a great in look to a long, fantastic journey with Microsoft's Xbox, one that is still going strong.

In the early days, I was impressed by nearly everything, and going over the game once more, I have found only a few faults.
Firstly, some of the background characters' voices were of not a great quality. Some even being indescribable (For example, in the first level as Master Chief climbs into the pod and the pilot tells the men that they are landing on "The Ring", I have never understood what he was saying. My first two guesses being "She's been hit!" or "Holy sh*t"
Secondly, I noticed that the enemies in the game, while some are particularly unpredictable, the Elites (especially the blue Elites) are not so tactical. It is always Shoot, Jump To Side, Melee, Repeat.

The game, however, is a brilliant and instant classic. The storyline was rich and unpredictable and as many games over the years such as Sonic, Mario Kart and so on, this shall be remembered for generations to come.


Out of 10, I gave Halo: Combat Evolved 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment