Sunday 5 December 2010

Review: Grand Theft Auto IV

Hey guys.

100 views on my blog in just a month, thanks for viewing. Its really appreciated.

As my current decision to view older games as  my list grows short, I decided to review an old favourite of mine, the last in the Grand Theft Auto series.

As a huge fan of the last two games before this, I was highly interested to play the final game in the series, hoping that Rockstar may have another hidden up its sleeve (To which, they have been currently hinting to for the past few months.)
With the mysterious Niko Bellic making his way to America, I was already impressed with the amount of acting and originally that Rockstar is highly known to bring, especially when a woman who barely missed with your car screams "This is a sign! I'm gonna go back to Alaska!" or "How 'bout it baby? You, me and a jar of peanut butter?"
The graphic level for a free roam world was high and very beautiful, especially the water and sun/moon graphics. 
The weaponry was ranged as it was in the past, and was only slightly larger than San Andreas. But this did not make it any less more fun for a classic pistol dual with the Russian Mafia (This making me really wish I had Mafia 1 or 2....)

However I saw only a few faults with the game. While I loved the Campaign, the Multiplayer was a large letdown. Due to the large landscape, if I did not play with anyone in my local area, it was tended to have large lag and usually end up with me being lagged out of the game. Unfortunate, but a pattern that tends to repeat.


The Campaign was a fantastic addiction to Liberty City and seeing its "Heart" was a extreme nice touch. While some glitches to the game have been removed with the new DLC's, I have been unable to purchase them as of yet, hoping to do so in the near future.

Out of 10, I gave Grand Theft Auto IV a 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment