Friday 17 December 2010

Review: Metal Of Honour

Out of the many past games in this area, this has possibly got to be the greatest in the entire series. For a game I did no research, no in-look and a spontaneous buy, I am glad to add this to my collection. Metal Of Honour.

As I started on the Campaign, I was slightly confused with the HUD but it took me little time to finally figure it out. As well as the simple  logic. Headshots can kill. More than four in the body and you are done for.
This added dramatically to the realism of the game, suiting its predecessors and while my own lack of realising this early in the game caught a few swears muttered under my breath, I was instantly in the world of Metal of Honour.
To me, as a gamer, the three things I find most important in a game is the storyline, the voice acting and the music score. I first noticed how improved the storyline was. A lot of the Gaming Industry are interested with games that involve the battles that take place overseas today, and so Metal of Honour brought this greatly with the current battle of the Democratic powers and The Taliban. The voice acting, while great in some parts, were a small disappointment, as I don't believe a person who is mere centimeters away from an enemy would talk as if he was trying to talk to a person across a small room. The musical score, while rare, was beautifully done and was a delightful addition to both the more serious moods and the firefight for, literally, your life. 
This is the beauty of the game. The realism is fantastic and its very hard to resist its beautiful charms.

Metal of Honour, while some disregard it lesser than Black Ops or call it a copy, the gameplay itself is something rarely seen in the Gaming Industry today, its Multiplayer fairly unique and a game I suggest to anyone who likes the Campaign that takes them into a world unlike our own.

Out of 10, I gave Metal Of Honour an 8.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment