Wednesday 29 February 2012

Rant: Naruto Shippuden Generations

Howdy folks!

After hopping on XBL quickly, I noticed the demo for the last installment of NS games has been released so I thought I'd give it a crack!

To those wondering of its content, it simply contains three matches: Naruto V Sasuke (Orochimaru Hideout), Naruto V Pain (Destroyed Konoha) and Naruto V Tobi (The Five Kage Summit). Continue here to see a rant.

Firstly, I'd like to mention my utter disbelief that nearly nothing had been changed from Ninja Storm 2. The introduction of the companies was the same, the loading screen, the graphics, the voice work, nearly everything is exactly the same to the previous game.

The new intro video was quite interesting, showing all the Shippuden characters fighting their younger selves. Combat was near the same, different animation stylings was all the big change. The loading screen for fights, are ridiculously close to the previous title, the only difference being the characters in a different stance. The HUD is almost the same, but with improved abilities, including a blocking/substitution being limited to 5 chances, slowly reviving over time.
Cutscenes in between games have changed to still shots from the anime itself, subtitles placed down the bottom with a prompt to press the A button to move on.

In short, I am not impressed with Team Ninja. The story of Life, of the human race is about change. Change begats change begats change, and with here, barely anything has. Once the human body and mind doesn't change, it means its dead.
I hope the complete game is much different to the demo. I am impressed that so much content is going into this game, especially going across over 400 episodes of the anime from beginning to end. But I sincerely hope that Team Ninja have an ace up their sleeve.

Thanks for reading my rant folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment